Monday, August 21, 2006

The Making of...

... my first Hallowig. Ta-da!

I started Friday during my lunch break and Friday evening I got this much done - took me about 3 hours to get to the part where you add the bangs.

Hallowig - Friday evening

I am using Araucania Nature Wool - it's a 100% wool and the color is a variegated blue. I bought two balls a while back on sale (what else) and I had no clue what to do with it. Until now... ;-) I am knitting with my new Knitpicks needles, size US #7 - I like them because they are very pointy.

Then on Saturday I added the bangs:

Hallowig - Saturday morning

And then I finished the wig on Sunday - it went really fast. I'd say it took about 6 hours in total.

So - here is my Halloween outfit ;-)

Hallowig - from the front

Don't I look fab with the wig and the boa?... ROFL!

Have a great week - let's see what you're doing!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's super! Thanks for sharing your "complete" look! Now I have some ideas what I can put with it for myself (I am so not inventive or artistic!). Will you bring it Wed. so I can look at the yarn? Thanks. Marilyn

11:16 AM  
Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

how diva! loveLoveLOVE it!! working on mine in blaze orange bernat at Velma's World. you better take halloween pix and post 'em here, girl! cheers

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home