Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hello Hallowiggers!


Hi, I'm Velma, and I'm a Hallowigger too! I finally cast-on, and I'm about halfway; I started the bangs last night, although I may just have to frog 'em as it doesn't look quite right. Withholding judgement until I'm a few rows in.

Did anyone else have trouble with the "slip stitch at each end" instructions, and the row-by-row chart she provided? I'm probably just slow-witted, but my purl count appears off. Hmmm... I'm talking about the transition from "hair" to "bangs":

... kk pp kk pp kk pp kk pp kk ...
... kk pp kk pp kkk

Where are there three knit stitches?!? I feel so d.u.m.b. Any suggestions? Thanks, and happy knitting. (Oh, p.s., I wrote about knitting wigs of all kinds HERE, if you get bored).

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

WOOHOO - I LOVE YOUR COLORS! Very fab with those glasses!

4:56 PM  
Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

thanks, claudia! love my specs.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home