Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Under the Wire FO!!

Whew, just in time for the big day, I just finished mine. No size problems, no problems of any kind (besides procrastination). Love it. As soon as I cast off, I wore it to the coffee shop next door, where an unfamiliar but attractive guy says to me, "Velma, right?" and I reply "Yes! But sorry, I've forgotten your name!", to which he responds, "Oh, we've never met; you're supposed to be Velma, from Scooby Doo, right?", which leads me to laugh and tell him "No, my name is actually 'Velma'!" He was flummoxed. It was great. I love Halloween. Happy Knitting and May Your House Not Be Egged Tonight, from Velma, not Velma.

4 Comments:

Blogger A. M. Warnke said...

Your story is too neat! I love it.

12:39 AM  
Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

thanks, ang!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Spazzmanda said...

Best...hallowig...story... EVER! Velma, you rock!

3:39 PM  
Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

you make me blush, spazz! many thanks.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home